Useful Information

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Highway Calico Has A Sister

Today, I drove back to the same highway where I found Roxy, the calico kitten I picked up yesterday, going to Greenhills to fulfill my postponed plans. And guess what I saw - a kitten the same size and same coat as Roxy, maybe 3-5 meters to where I exactly picked up Roxy, only she's dead flat on the  road  :(. It is possible that Roxy wasn't thrown alone there, and maybe this kitten was her sister. Why didn't I see the little poor thing yesterday? I felt so bad, if only she was sitting with Roxy when I saw her. When I picked up Roxy, it didn't occur to me to look around the area. Aside from I was in a hurry as it's dangerous enough that my car was in full stop and I, walking around, it never occurred to me that there could be more kittens.

See, if I didn't turn around and pick up Roxy, she would have died. How the hell did they get there in the first place? I don't know. People here are very creative when they decide to throw away unwanted cats/kittens/dogs. You'll see them in the places where you can never explain how they ended up by themselves. Maybe someone dropped them off there when the traffic is light, or at night time. Maybe the street/highway cleaners took them there since they are the only ones permitted to walk on the sides and on the islands of highways... I have no proof, but these are just the things that goes in my head. I heard so many horror stories, and knew people who actually did stuff to dispose of unwanted animals. Some put the unwanted liter in plastic bags and throw them in the garbage. If the animal is a burden, they throw them in places where they know they will never be able to find their way back. Worse, they take these animals in places that has zero possibility to survive. This is what I can and will never understand how people can stomach and do these things? And mind you, these people don't even feel bad at all. This country is the most hypocritical country in the world. We pose to be a God-fearing, strong Catholic nation. We are raged by the Reproductive Health Bill because we fight for the natural laws of life, value the assumption of life of sperm and eggs when they unite. We fight for life. But why do we only value ours? If you think life is sacred and should be respected, why not in all forms? Why not in all God's creation? People are evil. Majority of the human race is disappointing, embarrassing. Animal welfare is just one problem area where we people are so bad with.

When I came back I hugged Roxy. At least she's alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment